Tuesday, June 8, was our day at the beach in Daytona. A beautiful sandy beach was steps from our condo, just a short walk past the swimming pools, and there it is. Pure Bliss! The whole day I kept thinking to myself, "I can't believe I'm really here!" I had hoped to try snorkeling, but as you can see, the water is much too sandy to be able to see anything down there. I guess there are a couple of large sand bars off the beach that cause poor visibility. We still had a fun time playing in the waves and relaxing. We rented a boogey board and Warren did really well once he got the hang of it. I didn't do nearly as much as he did, as by the time I was ready to give it a go, the waves had gotten bigger, and it was a bit much for me. The water is great there. It is only waist deep for quite a long ways out, but you do have to watch for rip tides. The lifeguard towers had red flags on them, and we did see the lifeguards go out after someone a time or two when they got too far out.
The Wyndham Ocean Walk Resort. We were in the tower on the right side, 7th floor.
taken from further down the beach. Our resort is the 2 tall white towers toward the right hand side. On the left side are the ferris wheel, bungee ride, go carts, and beside them (can't see) are concession and gift shops. The big hotels between are the Hilton resort.
there were trailers along the beach with concessions and also rentals of chairs and umbrellas, boogie boards, beach bikes, etc. It sure added a colorful, festive air to the beach.
Dave & Judy (DeeDee's sister)
Warren on the boogie board
Great journaling, Dee. I felt like we were back in Florida doing it all over again! What a wonderful time we had...so glad you and Warren could join us. Dave and Judy
ReplyDelete