Saturday, Feb. 19, we set off for morning coffee at the neighborhood strip mall. We had a choice of Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts and throught we would try Dunkin Donuts. Should have gone to Starbucks for my latte. Lets just say the one I had wasn't the best I've ever had. However, the mini donuts were pretty good! It was an overcast morning, and it sprinkled a couple of times while we were walking. At least it wasn't snow! :)
Rain settled in for a while by noon, and the traffic wasn't moving very well as we set out for our day's activities. Part of the reason for the traffic was opening day of the Cactus League spring training season. Darlene and I were off to the Phoenix Broadway Theatre for a matinee of My Fair Lady. What a fun thing to do on a rainy afternoon! I hadn't been to a dinner theatre before. The menu is themed around each production , so it was a bit of an English twist to the menu for My Fair Lady. As it was a matinee instead of evening performance, they just served dessert during the intermission. Since the traffic kept us from arriving before the show started, we hadn't ordered dessert. (Since we sat in traffic so long, we had also missed lunch.) Luckily they had extras. :)

WOW! Talk about beautiful desserts! I wish I had a photo to show you. We shared the My Fair Lady's Red Velvet Roulade filled with Belguim pink chocolate sweet cream, which was a very fancy layered Red Velvet cake. We also tried the Chocolate Brownie Cookie with amaretto cream and berries. I want to try to find a recipe for the amaretto cream since I make brownies every so often. Very good.
While we were enjoying the play, Perry and Warren were out viewing some homes and running errands. Both Perry and Darlene are real estate agents, and they were nice enough to show us some homes while we were there. It doesn't take long to figure out what styles and features of homes you like. It was pretty tempting with the beautiful weather in Phoenix, and blizzards in Montana!

No comments:
Post a Comment