Darlene and I had seen a Phoenix restaurant featured on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives called Over Easy. http://www.eatatovereasy.com/ Any business featured on the show is pretty good, so we made plans to try it out for brunch on Wednesday. Perry, Warren and Collin joined us. It had moved to a different location since the show was filmed, and was a fun place.
I had to take a picture of Warren by the kids corner. I thought Natalie would like the farm animals. :)
Darlene and I both ordered items from the menu that were featured on the show. Darlene ordered Waffle Dogs, breakfast sausage on a stick, dipped in waffle batter and fried to a golden brown.
I ordered the Caramelized banana & pecan brioche French toast and scrambled egg whites. Warren had an omelet.
Darlene and I are both dog lovers. She has a long haired Chihuahua named Napoleon, who believes he is alpha dog but really is pretty sweet. We visited a couple of animal shelters in the afternoon, one a county one, and the other one privately run. The latter was very nice, clean and well run. We had a good time looking at the dogs and cats, and saw some different areas of Phoenix that afternoon as well.
In the evening we went to Craig & Lori Schmitt's home for dinner. Craig and Perry are brothers, and Warren and I both went to high school with Craig. He and Lori have two children, Jacob and Megan. We had a great evening enjoying a bbq and visiting, before heading back to Perry & Darlene's to pack for our trip home.
We had a wonderful time on our trip. It was a much needed break from the long winter in Montana. We enjoyed seeing many friends, exploring new places, and spending some great times together.

No comments:
Post a Comment