color flourish

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

...Into The Wild Blue Yonder....


And it really was rather wild.  Saturday we took the day off and went to Sidney for the air show.  It was quite warm and windy, but the planes were all able to fly.  Sunday the winds were terrible and I heard that the wing walker lady didn't go up (thank goodness!) and I'm not sure if the F18 and Snowbirds flew or not.  It had been a few years since we had gone to an air show, and this one was well done. Warren took pictures with our Canon 40D on auto, and so many turned out great.  With the wind blowing, the smoke trails were blowing away faster than I'm sure they like, but it was still impressive.  Here is a sampling:


 
 
 
See the lady wing walker?  She has been doing this for 22 years.


upside down, no less.  crazy, crazy...

There were a lot more stunt plane acts - 2 hours worth.  But to me, the main event was the Canadian precision flight team, the Snowbirds!   Love watching them.  enjoy.




 
I'm sure this would have looked even more impressive without the wind blowing their smoke around, but still pretty cool.


 
 
 
who needs fireworks?

 
I'm sure Warren could add much better commentary on these pictures, but you're stuck with me.  :)

3 comments:

  1. WOW! Are you doing photography like everyone else? :) Your pics are unbelieveable! :) Way to go! And...you thought your blog was going to be boring?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Warren took the air show pictures with the DSLR camera, which I almost never use. I tend to stick to my little point and shoot. He had it all set on auto, tho, (along with the telephoto lens) and it took some great pictures. I have taken the rest of the photos on the blog, or at least my camera has. I sent it out to the field a few times and asked the guys to get pictures of harvest. I'll pass along the comment to Warren. Pictures are worth a 1000 words, right? Lots of pictures, not so many words for this chick. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you two had a great time on Saturday! The day looked nice, too. It's blustery here and cold. BRRR They had to shut down I90 between Ritzville and Moses Lake because the wind was so bad and it was a total white out with the dirt blowing.

    ReplyDelete