I can hardly believe that September is almost half over already. Saturday Amy & I picked corn, getting about 6 grocery bags. I kept two of them, and gave the rest away. Amy was a sweetheart and helped me get it put up. I blanched and cooled it, she cut it off and bagged it. I think I got the better part of that deal. We got 19 bags, which is plenty for Warren and I. My pears are turning rapidly, so I'll be canning those this week sometime, along with some tomatoes.
We had quite a thunderstorm display last night, with lightning all around us. We didn't get very much rain, so Tony was able to start cutting our durum again this morning. Looks like it will be a hot, dry week ahead, good cutting weather.
Our thoughts and prayers are with Amy's family, as her Grandpa Hohlen, passed away Thursday. His funeral is today. What a wonderful man! We enjoyed getting to know him a little bit. He and Colleen were such a fun-loving, inspirational couple. Elmer, we will miss you.
Monday, September 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment